How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Your Own Question
James, Ford Technician
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 3602
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
Type Your Ford Question Here...
James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In a 7.3l diesel engine, what are these parts called? (see

Customer Question

In a 7.3l diesel engine, what are these parts called? (see pic)
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 8 months ago.
Hello, what year is this vehicle?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They are inside the engine, something to do with the lifters (tappets?)
Expert:  James replied 8 months ago.
The photo looks to me like a pushrod guide. As far as I remember the Powerstroke version has the pushrod guide built into the head gasket. This look to me like it would be on the earlier 7.3 with IDI
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I have two sets of these and one came from a 96 and other from a 97 7.3l DI. I got the name of them years ago from someone on justanswer who had then listed below in a labelled parts diagram. Do you have access to that?
Expert:  James replied 8 months ago.
What about camshaft guide retainer