Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner

Perl, I am replacing a radiator on a 6.0, I have a tool

Customer Question

Hi Perl, I am replacing a radiator on a 6.0, I have a tool for the transmission lines. The line on the passenger side will not come loose. Is there a trick to getting it to pop free? Driver side came out fine
JA: The Ford Mechanic's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost. How many miles are on the car? Has any work ever been done on the radiator?
Customer: not that I know of 190K
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I have too, this line is the only thing preventing the replacement
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Everything else is disconnected and I have a new radiator
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

There is no trick.. both sides are exactly the same. Just make sure you are pulling straight out and sometimes a couple of taps with a hammer will help. If that dont do it sometimes you can thread out the fitting from the radiator with the line still attached then its easier to get the fitting free from the line.... this helps if the line just has some pressure on it in one direction or the other and isnt quite straight.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay, thank you Wayne

No problem. Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you. THanks