Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a ford explorer 2004 rwd 4.0. I replaced the tps and

Customer Question

I have a ford explorer 2004 rwd 4.0. I replaced the tps and now there is no throttle
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Has 95000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just the new tps 3 times and if I put the old one back on it works fine
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

What was the reason you replaced your throttle position sensor?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was getting code p2106
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Okay with the amount of miles you have on it you are going to also need to clean the throttle body due to sludge build up. To do this remove the negative battery cable and then the TB and give is a good cleaning with a soft cloth and some carb cleaner. Once you have done this reinstall it and then reconnect the battery cable and start the engine and allow it to idle for 15 to 20 minutes to allow the computer to re-learn the closed throttle values. See the TB removal steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them. Give this a try and post back if need be and we can work from there.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/TB%20Jun%2010.pdf

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This didn't work. Still have no throttle almost as.if there is no communication between the tps and the tb and computor
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Are you still setting the same code?