Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2007 Edge. My seat memory will not hold any memory

Customer Question

Hello. I have a 2007 Edge. My seat memory will not hold any memory on either option, my power mirror switch doesn't work for either mirror, and when I hit the lock/unlock on the key fob my mirrors go crazy & the seat moves. My keyless entry used to work, but that started acting crazy when all these other problems surface & I haven't tried using it anymore. What could be the issue?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

I can not tell if you want or plan to diagnose and fix this yourself and what tools you have at your disposal. A faulty drivers seat module so far is what looks to be to blame for all these issues. To diagnose this the first thing we must do is see what codes are stored in all the modules.

Please let me know if you are pleased with my help. If your not, let me know prior to selecting a rating so I can help more.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, I was on vacation and it slipped my mind. I am looking to diagnose & fix the problem myself. I'm sure I can get a hold of any tool that is needed to fix this issue. How would I check the module you are speaking of?

Here are the diag steps you need to do. I bet your going to find the DSM is bad.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/memorymirror.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/memoryseat.pdf

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is this module located under the drivers seat?

It is under the drivers seat and it requires a diagnostic tool for programming.