Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Instrument cluster doesn't work. How do you remove it? : The

Customer Question

Instrument cluster doesn't work. How do you remove it?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The panel was intermittent now it doesn't work at all. Another post shows a solder joint that was defective from power supply. Need to know how to get cluster out of dash.
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: Six months 115000 mileage
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I have serviced my vehicles for years
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet. I am a mil-spec certified circuit solder tech. Very often cracked solder joints cause failures like this. I want to inspect the circuit card.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: Other than this the car runs perfectly
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

What type of vehicle are you working on?