Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

Keep trying to fix my brakes and every time my brake

Customer Question

keep trying to fix my brakes and every time my brake cylinder keeps breaking what could be the cause ford tempo car
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.

HI,

what year Tempo?

Front caliper, rear caliper, rear wheel cylinder, or master cylinder that is breaking and what is breaking on it

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
rear wheel cylinder keeps blowing apart
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.

HI,

How long after you installing them are they blowing apart?

How snugly are you adjusting the rear show to drum clearance?

Have you replaced the rear springs and other hardware for the rear brakes?

Are you sure you have the rear brakes installed correctly?

Again, what year is the Tempo?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
as soon as i get done drive for a few mintues in it blows apart not sure how snug there doing it my brother law fixing it for me all hardware being replace but only once not everytime it blows yes i believe they are installed right yr of tempo 88
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
sorry 92
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So if everything is installed correctly then the adjuster needs turned out so that you can barely put the drum on. If there is a lip on the drum then turn it or replace it first.Then adjust as I mentioned and it should solve your problem.Let me know if you have any questions and I'll continue to assist.Thanks
Sonny