Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

Door ajar light stays on in the dash board panel : no I have

Customer Question

door ajar light stays on in the dash board panel
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tested the dashboard light bulbs?
Customer: no I have to locate the fuse for the door ajar light
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

lets try something easy here..

spray the door locks with WD40,be sure to get the wd40 back into the door latch switches,,then open and close the doors a few times...

these switches can just stick like this sometimes and the car will think the door is open even though it is closed.

let me know if that worked for you

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

You probably need a new door lock/latch assembly. Ford techs call this the door module. It is very common that this part fails causing the door ajar light to stay on constantly, You really need a scan tool to figure out which door is open. You need to be able to access the body control module data with a scan tool.