Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Are you a real person? : Ok, I have a 2012 mustang boss 302,

Customer Question

Are you a real person?
JA: I'm an assistant to the Ford Mechanic. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: Ok, I have a 2012 mustang boss 302, and after going thru a battery re-locaction, the horn honks constantly, and the lights flash... nobody can figure out how to get it to stop... also, the SJB has been replaced...didn't fix the issue...
JA: How many miles are on the car? Will the battery hold a charge?
Customer: 8000-yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked all fuses
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: there is a slow drain on the battery...(obviously)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

Ok, where did you relocate the battery to?

Were the hood, trunk or door switches or their wiring touched or altered in any way?

Exactly what wiring besides the battery cables were involved in the relocation?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I put the battery in the trunk. I didn't screw around with any of the door switches, tried to leave all of the OEM wiring untouched. The horn itself was relocated, I have installed a procharger i1 super charger that was plugged into the OBD2, I also installed a different fuel pump. I spent many hours disconnecting everything that I've altered and nothing seems to change it. I was told that the smart junction box doesn't work again, and something is causing it to fail
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

Ok, can you get me the last 8 of the vin so I can pull the schematics

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
C5262196Also I had the battery disconnected for probably 3 months, can that cause an issue?
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

Yes, with it disconnected for that long, the vehicle security module(VSM) will lose the memory for the key and cause the alarm to go off and immobilizer to engage. The key needs to be reprogrammed to the VSM using a Ford WDS scan tool and software. That will correct the problem

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't know if the immobilizer has engaged... the car runs and drives just fine
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

Ok, that eliminates the key needing to be programmed as well as an immobilizer issue.

This is going to be either one of the door switches, hood switch or trunk switch. You need to unplug one at a time and when alarm shuts off when one is unplugged, that is your culprit

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This might be easier on the phone Kama I have so many modifications to the car... the it doesn't have the original transmission in it either it has 1 out of a 2013 Shelby GT500... so that immobilizer thing you're talking about I don't know if that is in the transmission or not
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When I switched Transmissions I lost some of the features like cruise control
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

The tech that was helping has opted out. Would you like me to help? If so can you tell me what question you now need answered if its different from the original one asked?

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a heavily modified 2012 Mustang Boss 302.... after a lot of extensive modifications comma I hooked up the battery to the car and the horn kept going off and the lights kept flashing... the battery was unplugged for several months... right now the horn is unplugged as are the interior lights.... the car runs and drives just fine, but I do not have a functioning horn and there a drain on the battery... modifications include a super charger that plugs into the OBD2 battery relocation to the trunk completely different fuel system and I added some heat exchangers with pumps and fans... however I can disconnect all of that stuff that I changed and the problem still exists... I did push a wire through the firewall on the passenger side through a hole or oem wires are, and some of them were damaged but continuity checks out just fine... to me it seems like the anti theft system is pissed off or something...not sure

So with the horn enabled is it honking constant or pulsing with the car off and or while running?

Its the interior lights flashing, correct? The courtesy lights or the ones for instrument back lighting?

Have you done or do you know how to perform a battery draw test to find out which circuit is to blame?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm pretty sure the horn is constant, and the back lighting stays illuminated... a local mechanic put a new smart junction box in, because I thought that would fix the issue... and after he put it in the interior dome light flashes constantly...

So none of the interior lights work correct and you have all disabled?

None of this is related to the anti theft system, so its going to take alot of wire testing. Is that something you can do?

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris