James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

The engine starts, but the gauges do not work. The engine

Customer Question

The engine starts, but the gauges do not work. The engine does not accelerate despite stepping all the way on the accelerator. Also, when I put the car in any gear, it does not move.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: The engine turns over. It had been sitting for about a month. Battery is two years old.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Im hoping to diagnose the problem at the very least. The car ran fine about a month ago, and has not been driven or started since then.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: Im wondering if some animal may have chewed on some critical wire.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 4 months ago.

Hello, what year model and engine vehicle do you have?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's a 2013 Ford Focus SE.
Expert:  James replied 4 months ago.

If you remove and inspect fuse 69 inside the vehicle is it ok? how many miles are on this vehicle?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I changed that fuse as well as another fuse, both of which were bad, and that fixed it.
Thank you.
Expert:  James replied 4 months ago.

great I'm glad you were able to correct the concern. please remember to rate my answer so I receive credit for assisting you.