Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Okay so i replaced my alternator and it charges better. at

Customer Question

Okay so i replaced my alternator and it charges better. at 2000 RPM the amps are at 82 to 87 and the volts are at 14.2 but it didn't fix her. I also put new batteries in it no luck. What next lol.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

What are you working on, year, make and model please?

What type of problem are you having?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

sorry about that. 1997 Ford F 250 power stroke 7.3L

Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Okay so what type of problem are you having?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

drives great but when im trying to pull a hill or pass someone it cuts out and cut in and cut out until i get out of it.

Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

That is not likely a charging system concern, have you had the computer system scanned and if so are there any fault codes coming up?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

no codes

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

changed the high pressure oil pump and dropped the fuel tanks and checked for fuel sock to be plugged and also changed fuel filter. Just changed the cam shaft position sensor to.

Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Well I specialize in electrical work and not diesel engine performance so I am going to have to open the post back up for you. If some one can help you they will post back.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

alright thank you.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

The tech which was helping has opted out. It seems your question is different than originally posted. If you would like me to help can you write out what question you need answered?

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris