Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have a 2012 ford explorer 4 way stay on. Could this be a

Customer Question

I have a 2012 ford explorer 4 way flasher stay on. Could this be a fuse problem an if so where is fuse located
JA: Have you checked the fuse number? Does the fuse have the correct amperage for the circuit it's in?
Customer: no have not don't no where fuse is located in fuse block my car manual don't say
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, do you think it's a fuse problem or something else
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the flashers just keep flashing unless battery is disconnected
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, Your vehicle system works with Hazard Lamps The BCM (body control module) sends a voltage signal to the FCIM to monitor for a hazard lamp function request. When the hazard flasher switch (a capacitive touch switch) is touched, the voltage signal is routed to ground, indicating a request to activate or deactivate the hazard lamp function. When the BCM receives a request for the hazard lamps, the BCM supplies on/off voltage to all the turn lamps. The timed on/off cycle for the hazard lamps is approximately 80 times per minute regardless of bulb outage. This is what you should do is a complete reset of the system. Disconnect both of the battery cables wait 5 minutes and than touch the cables together. Reconnect them and see if resetting the modules does the trick and let me know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
did what you said but 4 ways still flash. any other ideas?

The vehicle will start run and drive without any flashing theft lights on the dash?