Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609

When I start my 97 7.3 f350 and it is not completely warmed

Customer Question

when I start my 97 7.3 f350 and it is not completely warmed up before I move it will only do 2100 rpms in neutral is completely gutless in drive and blows black smoke if you push down on the throttle But once the temp guage gets up to the N in normal range I let it idle down and then you can hear it clear revs up to redline and full power like nothing is wrong at all
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you been losing oil or coolant? OK. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: 170,000 miles, no coolant loss, oil loss or oil pressure loss
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: bone stock diesel
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!

Please give me a few minutes to type a response. I'm a slow typer.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

When was the last time the glow plugs were serviced? I ask becasue you are describing a near textbook issue withthe glow plug system. Either one of the glow plugs are bad or the relay is bad. If they haven't been service in awhile, I would test them and the relay.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!