sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2010 Ford Transit Connect. A/C runs inermittently.

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Ford Transit Connect. A/C runs inermittently. When it is working blower fan runs on all 4 speeds. When it stops working it only runs on high. System is fully charged and I changed the blower fan resister
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.

Hello, if only the blower fan is having an issue and will only work on high speed it is a problem with the blower motor resistor. When it fails it will only work on high speed. Inspect the electrical connector to the resistor for any hear damage and if ok, replace the blower resistor.Located behind the glove box on the ac case.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
As I said in original question I changed the resistor. It's the comressor clutch that is intermittent. When the compressor runs the blower runs on all speeds but when compressor cuts out blower only runs on high speed. This has been happening for two weeks now.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.

Ok sorry i didnt see you replaced the resistor and fan. I thought you were having a fan only issue. When the compressor cuts out does the radiator cooling fan shut down or does it keep running? Does it work at all?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Everytime it has cut out I have been driving so I dont know about cooling fan. When it does'nt run when I first start van the clutch has not engaged and. the cooling fan is not running. Like I said this has been going on for two weeks. It ran flawlessly Thursday afternoon and all day Friday. When I started it this morning after not using van all weekend it was working. After driving about 10 miles it stopped working. only consistancy is when the cooling stops the blower only runs on high and when it starts cooling again blower works on all speeds. Does'nt make any sense to me
Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.

Ok what is odd is the blower fan speed operation. Either there is an issue with the ac switch on the dash being overheated and causing a voltage drop, which i have seen or blower switch, both in the center of the dash. Inspect both of them for any damage or signs of overheating. The cooling fans on the radiator should come on when the ac switch is commanded on, so if neither the compressor or the fan come on and the interior switches look ok. Try swapping out the ac relay and retest. If you have the same results. Install an ac manifold gauge set to check ac pressures. If the compressor engages but the fans dont, the high pressure switch will turn the ac compressor off.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

Do you still need help?