HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European

I have purchased a used 2004 Ford Escape, which has a

Customer Question

Hi, I have purchased a used 2004 Ford Escape, which has a numeric keypad on the door, but I don't have the code for it. How can I retrieve the factory code?
JA: Do you happen to have a code reader or scan tool? What size is your engine?
Customer: it's a V6 engine, I have the VIN number
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Hello, you can check to see if the previous owner left the 5 digit code keycard inside the owners manual. If not either a dealer will have to pull the keycode with their scan tool or attempt to see if you can read the number off the keyless entry module behind the dash which is diffiicult to get to and the number may no longer be legible. The easiet thing to do would be to have a dealer pull the keycode.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?