Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic

My power steering is out. Ive had a slow leak in one of my

Customer Question

hello. my power steering is out. Ive had a slow leak in one of my tires and I understand this could alert the power steering mechanism to can I reset it
JA: Have you checked the power steering fluid? Will the wheel turn at all?
Customer: there is no power steering fluid in the 2012 I incorrect?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing as of yet. This went out 1 year after purchase. as I remember it, it was quite pricey to fix....
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: hoping there is an alternative here
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 4 months ago.

Just to be clear...what is the year and model of your car please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
2012 Ford Fusion

Does the low tire indicator light come on?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

The TPMS function compares each tire pressure sensor transmission against a low-pressure limit. If it has been determined that the tire pressure has fallen below this limit, the SJB communicates this on the vehicle communication bus to the Instrument Cluster (IC). The IC then illuminates the TPMS indicator and displays the appropriate message(s) in the message center (if equipped).

Unfortunatly it has to be programmed using a special tool at the dealer. Last i checked it cost right at around $100

They sure could have made this a lot easier!

Sorry for the bad news but at least you didnt have to spend a lot of money getting the run around from different shops at 75 bucks apiece!

My goal is that you are pleased with my answer(s). I strive for a positive rating. It's the only way i get credit. You can still ask me questions for free after the rating.

If you have further questions PLEASE just reply and i will work with you as long as possible.

Best wishes my friend!