Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

The left rear door handle won't open the door from the

Customer Question

The left rear door handle won't open the door from the inside and I was looking for steps to remove the door panel to see if something's broken or slipped off or whatever.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when you try to open the door from the inside, the handle moves but the door won't open.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, if I can.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing so far. I've been searching for drawings or sketches of eh components so I could remove the panel to see what's inside. Is there anything broken or loose?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: NO, it's been a great car. It's the third Explorer I've owned!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

May I have the year of your Explorer?