Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Looks to me like my blend door actuator isn't working. I've

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, looks to me like my blend door actuator isn't working. I've pulled the heater cover and hooked the connector to a new actuator and still no joy. Have checked all the 15A fuses (inside and in engine compartment) and they are OK. Am I looking at a switch problem?
JA: Have you located the fuse box? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: Have located both fuse boxes. Haven't checked the circuit cuz I don't know how to do that...
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1999 F150 XL 6 cyl
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'd like to but if I can't figure it soon, will take to the shop. All I get is warm/hot on all settings which tells me the temp switch or the door (please God no) aren't woring.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for you question,

Before you replace the actuator or the control panel you need to check the circuit to it from the control panel. Start first with making sure the fuse #5 for the actuator in the interior fuse panel is okay and has power in and out of it. If the fuse checks okay, run through the test steps in the link below . Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

I have also enclosed the wiring diagram in the link below for reference as we.

Have a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help.