Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

2008 crown vic w/ code to fix : have scan tool-4.6

Customer Question

2008 crown vic w/ code to fix
JA: Do you happen to have a code reader or scan tool? What size is your engine?
Customer: have scan tool-4.6
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: have 2008 crown vic that shows cade 1633 when scanned. failed emissions
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: depends on what's involved
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no the car runs fine. i've even erased the code but it still failed emissions
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The code P1633 sets if the power to the PCM (computer ) has been interrupted like it would if you have disconnected the battery. I the battery has not been disconnected then in most cases this codes set due to an internal problem in the computer which means it will need to be replaced. In order to determine if in fact it has failed you are best served to do the test steps to verify. I have enclosed them in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them. Have a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help.