Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

I have a 2002 Ford Focus and my headlights quit working :

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Ford Focus and my headlights quit working
JA: Have you checked the fuse for the headlight circuit? How are the bulbs?
Customer: Yes
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: and the bulbs are fine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no high beam or low beam
JA: OK! The Ford Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: preferably
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The check engine light is on, the gauges go crazy (showing high speed, fuel and temp would go to extremes) if I let off the gas, everything would go back to normal and reset. The headlights stopped working. The hazzards, signals and driving lights work fine but no low or high beam on the headlights.I checked all the fuses, everything is intact. We are checking the headlight bulbs just in case, it would seem odd that new bulbs would blow both high and low beams but I suppose its possible.I also had to replace the battery on Saturday, the old one was steaming and leaking. I dont know if that could have had any effect. I have also recently had the alternator replaced.I am looking for suggestions on how to correct this without spending a fortune at the dealership. T
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Does your vehicle have the daytime running light option?

At the headlight switch is the green/red wire powered when the headlight switch is on?

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was unable to figure the problem out on my own and did not get a response here in time since I cannot drive after dark due to not having any headlights. I dropped the car off at the dealership this morning to be repaired.

Glad your getting it resolved.