Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I changed the brake light switch out because they stayed on

Customer Question

I changed the brake light switch out because they stayed on all night and killed the battery. Now my wrench light comes on and no cruise control.
JA: While using the cruise control can you accelerate or decelerate? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: Yes I have. The car runs fine accel/decel no issues I did the relearn procedure since the battery was drained to the point of boosting.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, oh sorry, the cruise isn't working at all. But other than that the car runs perfect with the exception of no cruise, and the wrench light.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just the relearn procedure and changing the brake light switch.
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 4 months ago.

What year and model Ford are you working on?