Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have a 2006 Ford Explorer, 6 cyl 4.0 eng..Earlier today a

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Ford Explorer, 6 cyl 4.0 eng..Earlier today a bunch of smoke billowed out which made me pull to the side of the freeway..I then noticed a trail of transmission fluid..I had to call a tow truck and be towed home..
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you been losing oil or coolant?
Customer: 120K...No
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No...BTW: The yellow wrench symbol appeared about a week ago..My neighbor checked it with his code negative codes
JA: OK! The Ford Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: No..It's been running great until today
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 4 months ago.

do you know what the codes are? where is the leak coming from?