Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Okay so I have a 1989 ford f250. it came with a 302 motor

Customer Question

okay so I have a 1989 ford f250. it came with a 302 motor but was swaped with a 4.9 300 i6 the 4.9 is a 78 model and had a fiber cam gear it busted I replaced it now I cant find the spout connector to set the base timing any idea where it may be or a way to find it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 6 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will try to help. The spout connector should be right near where the TFI module connector is, the connector that goes to the module that bolts to the distributor. Is it TFI module style ignition? or does it have the Dura Spark box and somebody took it off for some reason? Also, Check here against the firewall. Let me know if you see it there.