Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

II HAVE A 2000 FORD E350 VAN STANDARD 5.4 ENGINE PROBLEM IS

Customer Question

II HAVE A 2000 FORD E350 VAN STANDARD 5.4 ENGINE PROBLEM IS WITH BLOWER MOTOR I THINK TWO SEPERATE ISSUES
#1 BLEW A FUSE REPLACED MOTOR, WHEEL, RESISTER RELAY & FUSE STARTED WORK AND BLEW FUSE, AFTER 5 OR 6 CHANGES AND TRIES I GET NO POWER AT MOTOR. CHECKED FUSE UNDER DASH, DISTRIBUTOR BOX UNDER HOOD BOTH FUSES & RELAYS DONT NO WHERE I LOST POWER
#2 WHEN MOTOR WORK AFTER REPLACEMENT I GOT VERY LITTLE AIR BLOWING OUT THE VENTS ON ALL SPEEDS. REPLACED THE BLEND DOOR ACTUATOR NO LUCK ABOUT TO GIVE UP
EVRYTHING WAS WORKING FIND BEFORE IT WENT CRAZY
DONT HAVE A CLUE ABOUT WHERE THE WIRING GOES AND HOW TO TRACE A POSSIBLE SHORT
Category: Ford
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 7 months ago.

Hello Im Chris and I will try to assist you. I have to know one thing first. does the motor sound like its working goof but airflow is bad?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
THE NEW MOTOR WAS WORKING THEN LOST POWER AT THE MOTOR TRACED BACK ELECTRICAL NO POWER AT MOTOR RELAY AT DISTRIBUTOR FUSE BOX UNDER HOOD. I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS ALSO CAUSING A PROBLEM WITH NO AIR FLOW FROM VENTS
Expert:  A. Penland replied 7 months ago.

Is fuse #13. a 50 amp fuse in the engine bay fuse box good and does it have power?

When the AC is turned on, are you getting any air from the defroster vents at the top of the dash by the windshield but not the dash AC vents?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Problem was solved

Ok. Thank you. I'll get your question closed.