A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

My account compressor is engaging intermittently in regular

Customer Question

My account compressor is engaging intermittently in regular intervals of 2-3 seconds. I replaced the blend door actuator already, it was faulty. I was thinking it may be the constant control (ccrm) but the junction box next to my battery doesn't look anything like the images I am seeing. 2001 Taurus SEL
JA: How many miles are on the car? Will the battery hold a charge?
Customer: Battery holds a charge just replaced it a year ago, 211xxx miles. Sorry I meant a/c.... not account :-)
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I am, if I could find it. I live in AZ and it's 115 and I have an 18month old. Lol
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: I think that covers it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 11 months ago.

If the AC compressor is engaging in regular intervals of 2-3 seconds, then you may want to check the Freon charge in the AC system. Low Freon charge will cause the compressor to have what is referred to as short cycle times as you describe. Ford also does not use the old CCRM on the 2001 Taurus.