Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

My 2001 expedition blows fuse number 15 it's. A 5amp .

Customer Question

My 2001 expedition blows fuse number 15 it's. A 5amp . Controls my shifter , can't get it out of park , power windows . Will be ok for a while and just blows the fuse.
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: Yes I have brake lights and no codes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Shut the AC , radio .wondering if it has something to do when I open the door?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: Can't think of anything else.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The common cause for the #15 fuse to blow on the 2001 Expedition is in most cases due to a shorted Brake Pressure Switch located on the master cylinder. Disconnect and inspect the connection of the brake pressure switch on the master cylinder for signs of brake fluid on the connection which may have leaked through the switch and down the wire into the speed control servo connection. If brake pressure switch connection is wet with brake fluid, unplug and inspect the speed control servo connection for signs of brake fluid as well. The presence of brake fluid in the servo connection could cause fuse 15 to blow when the brake pedal is depressed due to the brake input to the servo getting grounded out.