Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2003 Ford super duty F250 with a 6.0 diesel. I

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Ford super duty F250 with a 6.0 diesel. I installed a superchips tuner and the truck went like a bat out of hell. Then I ended up replacing the turbo which was done at the Ford dealership. I removed the program before they fixed it. After they put the new turbo in I reprogrammed it again. But before I did this I sent the programmer in to superchips to be updated. When I drove the truck again it did not have the get up and go like used to. The main problem is when I was accelerating hard you could feel the truck buck. Almost like the motor was not getting enough air or the exhaust wasn't big enough. The air cleaner was fine and the exhaust is the same as it was before, original. Anyway, I had the dealership check everything out especially the injectors and everything was perfect. Needless to say I went through a another turbo and am having the same noticeable bucking on hard acceleration. I'm just so used to the performance originally had on the truck but it was never the same after replacing the turbos. I called up superchips and they figured that I had an injector problem but they all checked out okay. The truck now has 43,000 miles on it. Any ideals?
JA: How many miles are on the engine? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: truck has 43,000 miles on it. Mileages always been the same.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no.. I will have a professional do the repair if necessary
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: they checked everything. I even brought it to a diesel specialty shop Where I had the second turbo replaced and they put a brand-new one In not a rebuild and I still have the same problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Are you having the bucking issue while it is stock or with the aftermarket chip on it?