Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 15 year old Excursion. After driving it an hour,

Customer Question

I have a 15 year old Excursion. After driving it for half an hour, the engine dies and I am stuck on the side of the road.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.

Hello, do you have fuel pressure at the fuel rail? Will it run a few seconds if you spray carb cleaner into the intake? All dahs lights light up no problem, just cranks over and wont fire?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.

Hello do you need more help or information?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a 2001 Excursion 4x4 which will drive fine for half hour to one hour and then die. Will not start afterwards. Must sit for a while (obviously something is cooling down) I am thinking that it is either coolant temp sensor, starter motor, I don't think it could be the inertia switch but I haven't checked. Some people suggest that it is the Battery Cables going along next to the A/C cooling lines, or that the Ignition Key Sensing Systems is out of wack. What is causing this, the towing charge is killing me.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.

When it dies is the battery dead? No power when you turn the key to on?Do you have fuel pressure at the fuel rail if you depress the test port on the right side when it wont start?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?