Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

The overdrive " off" function is turning on by itself. : We

Customer Question

The overdrive " off" function is turning on by itself.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: We maybe just driving along and the over drive light comes on. It took us awhile to figure out what was happening, but this last week it was scary because we were going down a hill and suddenly the car jerked/braked and slowed down and the "overdrive off" light came on. we pushed the button and everything returned to normal, but this has happened about 5 times in the last few months. This was the first time I really felt something change though.
JA: Does the light flash or stay on steady? Do you happen to have the trouble code?
Customer: Steady, sorry no trouble code. When the light came on we checked to see what it was, and found out that it was the overdrive light.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Not necessarily, we'll go to the dealership, Just wondering how urgent the problem is and if ther might be a recall pending
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Hello is the light blinking on and off or is it just switching from off to on and staying lit up solid?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It stays on steady