rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I am getting air (heating & cooling ) through my top of dash

Customer Question

I am getting air (heating & cooling ) through my top of dash vents but no air through the dash and floor vents of my 2003 Ford Sport Trac. The fan and blower are working but I no longer get the sound of the interior door opening or closing. My senses are telling me I no longer have any vacuum. If this is the case how do you change the vacuum lines? If this is not the case what other issues may be involved?
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

The problem is the blend door is not working, located in the heater box under the dash. If it is a vacuum issue, it will be in the same place for testing/viewing.

Thanks, Ron