Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

I have an issue that's been ongoing now & was hoping you

Customer Question

I have an issue that's been ongoing for months now & was hoping you could steer me in the right direction.
Truck is a 2006 E350 SD Utilimaster (Stepvan) 5.4 Triton V8 with the 5R110W, 31,000 original miles, this is my primary work truck so my down time is weekends only for diagnostic/repairs. The problem is a combination of Rev/Slam and shifting confusion at low speeds & binding up....This will only occur if the trans temp goes to 165/170F & up. If the outside temps are cool it will not occur? Today it happened and I got the P0767, P2701, P2702, P2703, P0761, P2756, P0757. I have done the following to fix other codes I was getting before...Changed SSPC-A, SSPC-B, SPCC-C, SSPC-D & PC-A solenoids, Trans Temp Sensor, installed 2008 pan/filter, changed fluid using Valvoline Max Life DEX/MERC. I also installed a Aux. Trans Temp gauge. The repairs I did above have really smoothed out the Trans especially the Tow/Haul shifting issues. The problems get worse the hotter the trans fluid gets, the gauge has never shown temps above 180 deg so it's not overheating?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Thanks for the good details, I need to know if you have done any diagnostic steps so far for the codes you have or just parts replacing?

We may need to go into the transmission to repair this, is that something you have the time, tools, skills to do?

Can you go into the most detail you can on the symptoms, using terminology for example like Harsh neutral to drive engagement, 1-2 shift delayed etc?

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.