Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

2004 F150 5.4L idles rough after truck is driven about 10

Customer Question

2004 F150 5.4L idles rough after truck is driven about 10 miles. Runs fine at 700 rpm or higher.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Had Oreillys read a code that said timing on bank 2 was retarded and running lean.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, I'm a retired mechanic, but I know nothing about the 5.4L
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. Searching for an answer so I don't throw money at a problem that doesn't exist.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: It runs perfect except at idle after 10 miles down the road.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Do you recall the code numbers?

While running is there engine noise?

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris