Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

2012 F150. They say the BCM and cluster are not

Customer Question

2012 F150. They say the BCM and cluster are not communicating properly. The mechanic replaced the BCM first in an attempt to fix the problem. That did not fix the issues. He says it's in the instrument cluster, however he is stating that the BCM had to be replaced if he was going to replace the cluster. I am not buying that claim.
Can you replace the instrument cluster in an 2010 F150, without replacing the BCM.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 6 months ago.

Originally sent 2 Jun 2016, 2:25 PM

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

Yes the IC can be replaced without replacing the BCM. They are trying to back pedal on their misdiagnosis.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 6 months ago.

2 Jun 2016, 2:25 PM

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again,

If you need further assistance please feel free to reply and we can continue. Otherwise please take a moment to rate my answer as you see fit. After rating, the thread is still available should you need further assistance. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Thanks,

Kenny Z

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again,

I was reviewing some of my older questions and noticed I was never compensated for this question because it was not rated. If it was your intention to not rate me and use my services free of charge then I will accept that as a free service I provided and move on.

Thanks,

Kenny Z