Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 94 aerostar whose passenger window has gone down

Customer Question

I have a 94 aerostar whose passenger window has gone down but won't return up. The motor makes a clicking sound when pressing switch down but is silent when pressing switch for up! I'm assuming it's a defective motor. I have the trim panel removed. I need to know the proper procedure for removing the motor.
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I am!
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Testing the switch and wondering how to get my big hands in such a limited space!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

There are dimples in the sheet metal of door that get drilled out to take the bolts out for the motor.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,