Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

The rear power liftgate and air suspension system is not

Customer Question

the rear power liftgate and air suspension system is not working
JA: Many things can cause issues with shock absorbers. Some simple, some complicated. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 280 000 km
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2005 Lincoln navigator
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: air springs hold air ok. garage had a scanner on it and the position sensors reading correctly but will not adjust height itself or come out of the "kneeling" position with key on going from P to D then back to P
JA: Any recent repairs?
Customer: front upper ball joints and RR wheel brg. problem began at this time
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Lincoln?
Customer: liftgate operation was intermittent before the repairs and the suspension problems. Is there something electrical that could have been moved/shifted during the hoisting of the unit that caused power disruption to both modules?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Check fuses 27 (5 amp) and 30 (25 amp) located in your central junction panel fuse box.If any of these are blown replace the affected fuse and see if these then operate properly.If these are found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete