Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a Ford Focus. The engine light came on and I took it

Customer Question

I have a Ford Focus. The engine light came on and I took it to Ford and they replaced the catalytic converter. However, this did not solve the problem. The car has been in 3 x times since then with the engine light still showing. Ford have no answers. They have now said that I am using the incorrect petrol. I should only use 95. Is this correct?
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

what was the code number that you had repaired??? there are over 2000 possible codes and we need to zero in on the one that you had

Roy

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have asked Ford, but they don't know what code number I am requesting?
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.

ok, check your receipt and see if they noted it on the recepit.

other wise, what is the issue besides the light?? did it run bad???

Roy

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The car is currently at the Ford Garage who have once again replaced the Catalytic Converter (which was replaced only two months ago). On collecting the car this afternoon I will check my receipt and let you know. They also replaced some air sensor a month ago to try and solve the problem, but no luck. The performance of the car is good, no problems at all, other than the engine light showing. It is a 2013 Focus 1.6 Ti Vct Trend with only 22 000 km. Ford say that the problem is re-occurring as I am not using the correct petrol. I must only use 95.
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.

ok, check the receipt when you pick it up. ask them what the exact code was that told them the cat was bad.

some do require high octane fuel but it should not kill the cat in that short a period of time

Roy

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. Will revert to you in the morning.
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.

I will be teaching until this afternoon. be back around 2;30 pm . I am in texas at the moment

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.

how are you making out

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am waiting to receive the necessary information from Ford and will then revert to you again.
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.

ok