EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

What does the antenna on the short, roof mounted antenna

Customer Question

What does the antenna on the short, roof mounted antenna serve on my 2014 Ford Escape and how do I replace it? It has been pushed forward, probably in a car wash and has deformed the sheet metal so that I can see daylight underneath. I would replace it with a shark fin or whale tail type which might cover the dent.
Jim
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 6 months ago.

Hi. That antenna is for the AM/FM radio and also the Satelite Radio if your vehicle is equipped with that. TO replace it you need to lower the headliner and unbolt it from the roof.

Let me know if you need more info on replacing the antenna. Thanks.

Thanks for viewing my response. Please rate my service and let me know if you have more questions on this. Thanks.

Thanks for viewing my response. Please rate my service using the 5 star rating system. Also let me know if you have more questions on this. Thanks.