Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2011 escape. 4 cyl auto 112,000 mi the rear wiper motor made

Customer Question

2011 escape. 4 cyl auto 112,000 mi the rear wiper motor made an odd sound and the next morn after 12 hrs the bat was dead. jumped and started. next morn same thing. i pulled the rear wiper fuse and it happened the next day. drove 50 mi the new battery 24 hrs of sitting it was dead. cont..
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: drove it after jumping 100 mi and noticed the power seat was not working. dropped it at shop they have had it for 3 days. the parasitic drain is withing normal parameters i bet its the power seat motor intermittently draining it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: no i think i covered it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 6 months ago.

Hello Im Chris and I can assist you. The rear wipers on these cars are notorious for causing parasitic draws. Are you sure you pulled the correct fuse?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

The previous tech which was helping has opted out, would you like me to help?

Thanks Chris