Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My name is Bonnie. I have a 2004 ford escape. The airbag

Customer Question

Hi. My name is Bonnie. I have a 2004 ford escape. The airbag light flashes then stays on. How can I shut this off? Also will this make my car not pass state inspection ?
JA: Seeing the Airbag Warning Light pop up is worrying -- it's essential that airbags work when you need (which we hope is never.) Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with will have all the information you need to get this figured out ASAP. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Ok. Thanks. There's nothing else wrong. Except occasionally when I'm on the highway my abs light comes on too. But not when I drive around town.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if I can.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Actually my machanic checked the connections yesterday and cleaned them. Also cleared out the codes. It was for the passenger side.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.

When the Air Bag light flashes, does it flash a certain amount of times before it stays solid? Like say 5 in a row? Or 3 flashes, pause, and 2 flashes?