Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609

I have a 2012 Ford F-150 reading code B0090? Help!

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

Please give me a couple minutes to sign into your vehicle information and I will be right with you.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Have you worked on the restraint system before?

B0090 - Left Frontal Restraints Sensor

A B0090 trouble code refers to the restraint (seatbelt) sensor on the left front seat.

A B0090 DTC code may be caused by a wiring or connector fault, or restraint sensor failure.

To fix the problem, first check the wiring and connections leading to the left front restraint (seatbelt) sensor. If the wiring has no obvious problems, check the wiring using the specifications from a proper service manual. Verify operation of the sensor and replace if necessary.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Checked all writing connection visually-look like new! Seat belt retractor works fine. Replaced seat position sensor as well as left front impact sensor. Every think looks as good as new?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

When you replaced those items, did you reset the SRS in the vehicle with the Ford IDS tool? The system needs to be reset and then it will calibrate to make sure those sensors are operating/reading properly. If you haven't done that, that is what you need to do before you can go further.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I cleared the codes with Snap on scanner?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

Does the snap on have the SRS relearn on it? There is a spot in the Ford IDS where we have the SRS do a elearn and it scans all the sensors/modules and resets the system. I don't use the Snap On one so I'm not sure of the capabilities of it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It does not have learn. I also upon checking have code B1211?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

That code is for the seat belt retractor.

Was the harness tested?