tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owns a repair shop....25 years
14541291

02 f150 4.2l dtc p1151 : I have 02 f150 4.2l with dtc p1151

Customer Question

02 f150 4.2l dtc p1151
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have 02 f150 4.2l with dtc p1151 replaced isalator bolts and plenum gasket s still getting dtc p1151
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Cleaned maf, throttle body, aic, pcv, replaced pvc, and isalator bolts, plenum gaskets upper and lower
JA: Replacing a gasket can be pricey, so the more you know the better it will be for you and your wallet. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you to knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: Right now the engine light is back on with dtc p1151 and rough idle.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also forgot to mention that I replaced the fuel filter
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Replaced egr not pvc just cleaned pvc
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 6 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

did you test the fuel pressure?

the fuel pump may be weak

Fuel Pressure KOEO ................................... 35-45 psi (193-310 kPa) Fuel Pressure KOER ................................... 28-50 psi (240-310 kPa) Flow Rate ........................................................... 21 lbs/hr

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/44qdaeg91i29oag/0601-02-ford-Note.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/44qdaeg91i29oag/0601-02-ford-Note.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help