George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years

I am trying to engage my AC compressor clutch . I have

Customer Question

I am trying to engage my AC compressor clutch for charging. I have located the relay plug but dont know which number on the plug is the power source
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I need to find which number in the R4 relay plug is the power one so i can engage the AC compressor clutch
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have the freon and tried putting it into the port but it wont suck in the freon unless the compressor clutch is enganged
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  George H. replied 4 months ago.

Hello I will help

What is the year, model and engine size of your Ford?