HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European

I have a 2009 ford escape that kills the battery over night

Customer Question

I have a 2009 ford escape that kills the battery over night cant find the problem
JA: How many miles are on the car? Will the battery hold a charge?
Customer: 89000 km on car and put new battery in it
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it seems to be draining the battery if car isn't started every day according to a tester its taking about 9 volts with nothing on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes I thought it may be body control module
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i hooked tester on it and took fuses out one at a time but still took power
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Hello, with a parasitic drain, you would need to isolate the circuit that is causing the draw. Assuming none of the interior lamps are staying on. A door ajar switch, short in the factory stereo are a couple of common causes. You would need to hook up an amp meter to measure the draw. The vehicle may need to sit for a half hour to an hour for it to enter a sleep mode for the computer modules to get a proper draw reading and remove fuses one at a time until the draw goes away to know what circuit is involved with the draw. This link will walk you through the draw testing process

Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help or information?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Hello do you need more help?