Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ok i will thank you . I have a 2007 expedition el 5.4 4x4

Customer Question

Ok i will thank you . I have a 2007 expedition el 5.4 4x4 80,000 miles with no problems . twice in two weeks it would crank but not start but started fine the next day both times . just took it to my mechanic (not a ford dealer) and because it was starting he said nothing they could do until it wasnt starting .
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I think i could if its something simple
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: im in southern California
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so you will want to rate me with EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Your mechanic is right, it is very hard to near impossible to diagnose a crank no start issue when it will start at the time of diag. If you can do diag yourself you could duplicate this and at that time confirm your getting spark, injector pulse, and fuel pressure. In hopes to find what is missing as well to find out what is not to blame. My thought are a dirty throttle body and MAF sensor that need to be cleaned.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the top of your screen you will see 1-5 stars and a green submit button. You have already paid all the fees, now its time to rate the answer. Rating pays me from your deposit. I am only paid through not by the website if you rate me. Don't worry about a follow up later if needed, they are free and I welcome them. Ask me about a phone call if you prefer that service.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris