A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance

2013 cub wagon took to Galloway Ford change , now the ac

Customer Question

2013 cub wagon took to Galloway Ford for oil change , now the ac works in the front vents but the ceiling vents dont blow and the rear floor vents blow hot air tell me how to fix Galloway dose not have time for this
JA: How is the air flow? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: air flow from where
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I took back to Galloway but I was there for 5 hours and was told they had to find a qualified mechanic
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: there was absolutely nothing wrong before e I took to Galloway
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 4 months ago.

Sorry to here you are having problems with Sam Galloway Ford in Fort Myers. But the problem is caused by a broken or failed temperature blend door actuator/door for the rear AC system. It is vacuum operated but we have also see the doors break and cause either full cold AC or full heat. You will have to remove the last two rows of seats and then pull the drivers side rear upper and lower trim panels to access the rear evaporator case to get to the temperature blend door and actuator.