Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have another question 2002 Ford Explorer. The rear door

Customer Question

Mike, I have another question for a 2002 Ford Explorer. The rear door lift latch broke, and I can't get the hatch to raise so I can remove the liner and repair. There is a push button for the key for the glass, and a lock/unlock button on the left rear panel. I've tried to make sure the door is unlocked, but the linkage to the door side latches don't seem to want to move. How can I get the latches to retract? Thanks. Steve
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so you will want to rate me with EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

You must get that interior door trim off the door or peeled back enough to gain access inside the liftgate. Once inside you will want to try and manually move the door lock actuator then retry. If it still will not release then the latch is faulty and will need to broken apart or a grinder used to cut it apart so it falls apart and the gate can be opened to replace the faulty latch.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the top of your screen you will see 1-5 stars and a green submit button. You have already paid all the fees, now its time to rate the answer. Rating pays me from your deposit. I am only paid through not by the website if you rate me. Don't worry about a follow up later if needed, they are free and I welcome them. Ask me about a phone call if you prefer that service.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris