Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Please help,,,, : I own a wheelchair van 2007 ford E350.

Customer Question

Hi please help,,,,
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I own a wheelchair van 2007 ford E350. Please help me digyre out why my brake lights are not working. I need to getto the right fuse. Please assist
JA: Working brake lights are so important for a safe drive. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with will have just the tips you need for a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I have my mechanic wirh me
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Are you suspecting the fuse is blown?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Yes Im here, Are you looking for the correct fuse to check for your break lights?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are? There are two fuse connectors. Which one do you think it is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Stop breaks do not work
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

There are 3 fuses that can affect the break lights, all three are located in the interior fuse panel. The fuse you are going to need to test are the F7, F11 and the F 39 fuses. I have marked them in the fuse panel for you. Copy and paste the link below to see which ones you need to check. Check these and let me know what you find and we can work from there if need be.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Brake%20fuse%20May%2031.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Ron..we are it. Please hang tight with me
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Im here as long as you need me, post back when your ready. Make sure all three fuse have power in and out of them

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!!! We are running late for a patient pickup. Its a bit testy.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay lets get the fuse checked and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Your very welcome, let me know if its a blown fuse .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All are good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
7 11 39
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay can you take you 12 volt test light and or a volt meter and check and see if you have battery voltage in and out of the break light switch with the breaks depressed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already checked
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did that
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

And what did you find, was there power on both sides of the switch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is doing it again
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay let me know what you find

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok he said a cable was not contacting. Got fixed. Ron, my drive shaft column is loose. The gears column is very shifty. Mechanic is saying The entire column needs replacing. He says a spring needs to be replaced. Same unit. Issue: Im a woman who owns this business and Ive been used financially for a long time on mechanics. Please advise on drive shaft column.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can give u more specifics.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If you have excessive play in the steering column its usually due to a bad bearing and he is correct , The repair in most cases is to replace the steering column as the bad bearing cause damage to the housing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He said that i just need a spring. Its broken. Can I order or buy just a spring?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If it just a spring then yes your dealer should have the spring and he should be able to install it for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok what is the exact part name or id number? And can you advise by phone in future?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Take look at the enclosed diagram in the link below, I thing the spring your referring to it #47 which is the steering column lock spring. Have him look and see if this is the spring hes referring to and if so it will need to come from the dealer. I can advise on the phone in the future as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Steering%20col%20May%2031.pdf

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Its called a steering column lock spring just like shown in the link I sent you.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Its the only spring there is .