Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

My 1992 f250 7.3 diesel will not start unless I put a little

Customer Question

my 1992 f250 7.3 diesel will not start unless I put a little fuel in the intake. A mechanic says I have low compression on two calendars but there is no smoke when running. It also sometimes will not start when warm, have to wait to cool down.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

Please give me a couple minutes to sign into your vehicle information and I will be right with you.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

You are describing one of 3 things. Bad injectors, bad seals on the injectors, or bad rings on those cylinders. It could even be all 3.

Sadly at this point becasue you do have the low compression on those cylinders, you will need to remove the valve covers, pull the injectors, and look in the hole with a bore scope and see what is going on. You may even have to drop the pan and look up into those cylinders at the cylinder walls to see if there is any ring damage. That is all you can do at this point. I would check the injectors first.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?