Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Early 2000 e150 4,6l. Had bed connecting rod. Get mechanic

Customer Question

Early 2000 e150 4,6l. Had bed connecting rod. Get mechanic to replace engine.From the looks of it it was earlier model (2 coil packs instead 8). It runs badly (I wish I did it myself but its a hassle with my tools, Misfire on 3 cylinders-replaced coils-that solved it on 2 on third on second time try checked spark plug & injector foud out dropped washer in plug well, three stripped threads,fu....k) Anyway mechanic is gone so I have to deal with it.
so Ignition ok now, Idle rpm not stable from beginning Either very low rough-stalling or racing (2500-3000RPM) Codes : first:low idle & high idle at the same time , bank1&2 lean,misfire 1,4,7, Changed coils & put iac valve from my old engine(worked OK when taken out) same symptoms, codes: high idle,,lean banks, misfire 7. Checked 7-faund that washer in spark well replaced iac with new one. Still runs rough or fast. Ignition ok.
Code: Idle Air Control System Malfunction, Checked for vacum leaks(plugged intake& high presssure and vacuum through brake booster hose)-found none
Maf sensor-6g/s on low idle 22g/s on high . tps 22.3 at idle and opening smoothly to 90s rpm sensor appear to be working ,same with air and water temp sensors. Noticed faint air brake sound when idle changed. Located it as iac valve opening. pulled plug on it-idle increased (same sound) or stayed high -(most of the time I was able to drop idle by puttig it on neutral or park and "floring"it for a moment ,that works rarerly after new iac valve,rpm stays high or goes back to high after few seconds)
So looks like I have iac problem.
1:Electrical?(still gets a signal to open)
2:noticed-new iac valve had connector in different position(ebay listed for 2000 e150
4.6 compatible) Checked rockauto- looks like 2000 f150 rather then e150. are those
compatibile?
3:? whats next?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so you will want to rate me with EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

What is the idle speed and what does the idle do with the IAC unplugged?

Have you checked the compression to see if that is part of your misfire issue?

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris