Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

1991 ford ranger XLT. starting problem. battery good and

Customer Question

1991 ford ranger XLT. starting problem. battery good and strong. thank you
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: will not start on a regular basis
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: maybe
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 5 months ago.

Hi there.

What do you mean by "will not start on a regular basis"? Does the starter engage and crank the engine but the engine won't start? No starter engagement? Is it happening now so we can test a few things?