HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European

Trying to find a : Tring to find out if my car has remote

Customer Question

Trying to find a
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Tring to find out if my car has remote control for key fobs
JA: Dealing with a malfunctioning key fob can be frustrating and really inconvenient -- the mechanics will have somegood ideas about what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes and I have a solid blue wire that's not conecked
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: On the fobs turning key 8 times of and on then on 8th time leave on and all I get is a bell dings
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Rebuilt engine and transmission
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Hello, make sure you are foolowing th key fob proceedure including the lock button cycling. If it still dings and doesnt cycle the locks, there may be a malfunction with the Key Fob System which would require a diagnostic check with a scan tool.

NOTE: All Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitters must be programmed at the same time.

NOTE: Programming (or reprogramming) of the RKE transmitters can be accomplished by using a scan tool or by carrying out the following steps.

NOTE: Do not apply the brake pedal during this sequencing, as doing so ends the sequence and the transmitters will not be programmed.

1. Electronically unlock the door locks using the door lock control switch.
  1. Turn the ignition switch from the OFF to the RUN position 8 times in rapid succession (within 10 seconds), with the eighth turn ending in RUN. If the module successfully enters program mode, it locks and then unlocks all the doors.
  1. NOTE: If no action is taken within 20 seconds after a transmitter has been programmed, the programming sequence ends (the doors lock and unlock to confirm that programming is complete).

Within 20 seconds, press any button on the RKE transmitter to be programmed. The doors lock and then unlock to confirm that each RKE transmitter is programmed. Repeat this step for each RKE transmitter.
  1. Exiting the programming mode is accomplished if one of the following occurs:
    • The key transitions to the OFF position.
    • Twenty seconds have passed since entering the programming mode or since the last RKE transmitter was programmed.
    • The maximum number (4) of RKE transmitters have been programmed.
  1. Check the operation of the transmitter. If the door locks do not respond for the programmed RKE transmitter(s), wait several seconds and press the button again. If the door locks still fail to respond, refer to Handles, Locks, Latches and Entry Systems
Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help or information?